The Mi-Fi Signal & Cocona Connection
Jul. 13, 2021
More Information? More Blog?This is a live player. Fudging with the slider or pausing will set your video off from the live play. It will catch up next video in progress if you are not up to sync with the feed. Reloading will also resync you with the live feed. If you leave it alone, it should be fine. The feed can very well be fullscreened on a separate monitor and you can join the IRC with your own client on another monitor. If you're in the webIRC and notice the feed is off sync use the Live Sync button below the video to catch it up or you'll also disconnect IRC reloading your browser, also useful for people who fullscreen in separate browser to reduce reload syncing time. The syncing mechanisms should generally keep people about a second or two apart at most and try to come back together per next video to resync. The player starts muted, this is a feature not a bug. Just unmute it when you get here. Mobile autoplay may not work at all. I don't suspect mobile users to be using this site though. Anyways, what is this? A blog post and a watch party portal? Yes! :) It's the same one cuz it's the same thing doing two feeds for us but I needed this same info lol. Music AND movies. Makes sense to me. So I did it. Our Discord bot, Cocona, is a little different than than our other Discord bot, Papika cuz Papika is feeding off the audio bot. This isn't since it makes no sense to pipe in audio from movies to Discord. :P
- It's slow, you can click "Switch to IRC" for instant response.
- Reloading doesn't guarantee it'll work. Try the button though.
IRC Server InformationThis is what you'd put in if you wanted to use a custom IRC client like HexChat, irsii, mIRC or whatever.
- Server: irc.hikikomori.life (Might work if you just click this)
- Ports: 6667/6697(SSL)
- Channel: #hikikomori
- Nick Registration: Yes, you'll have to learn how to use NickServ though.
- Use a USA VPN to avoid restrictions
- Use a modern browser, we're using some modern JS/CSS
- Chrome and Firefox will likely work best
- "Live Sync" button may help you stay with the group on mobile if autoplay don't work